Month: August 2019

Rapid delivery of first aid measure saves the life of a woman

If not for the quick thinking and first aid training of a server, Rachel Brien is not sure if she was still alive today. Rapid action to save a life She was out on a dinner at Ricky’s Country Restaurant on Marshall Road with her 20-year old son. She ordered a breakfast meal for dinner […]

Man discovered unconscious in a condominium pool given CPR

A security guard discovered a man at the bottom of a pool. It was on the 27th floor of the building near Lafontaine Park around 5:20 AM. Watery ordeal A man possibly in his 30s was found unconscious early in Sunday morning. He was found in the indoor pool of a condominium complex in Papineau Ave. […]

Child saved with CPR after choking on scarf recovering in hospital

A child is under treatment in a healthcare facility after her scarf was caught in playground equipment and choked her. Playground accident The police were requested to help with the paramedics and fire department at a school playground at O.S. Geiger School in the northeast neighborhood of Castleridge. The report is about a medical emergency. […]

CPR on girl choking on scarf saved her life

A young girl was choked after her scarf got caught on the playground. Supervisors were present at a northeast Calgary school but parents at O.S Geiger School are raising concerns on how the school managed the incident. Unexpected incident The police were called to help the paramedics and fire department at the school playground in […]