August 7, 2019

Child saved with CPR after choking on scarf recovering in hospital

A child is under treatment in a healthcare facility after her scarf was caught in playground equipment and choked her.

Playground accident

The police were requested to help with the paramedics and fire department at a school playground at O.S. Geiger School in the northeast neighborhood of Castleridge. The report is about a medical emergency.

Calgary First Aid Training
After CPR was performed, the girl was able to breathe on her own.

At one point, the police also received reports that the child who was choked by a scarf was unresponsive and not breathing. After CPR was performed, the girl was able to breathe on her own.

The EMS transported the 6-year old to Alberta Children’s Hospital.

For more information about this story, click here.

The information posted on this page is for learning and educational purposes only. While every effort is made to post only the most accurate available information, we do not guarantee that the information posted is always current. We do not warrant or make any representations as to the content, accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links and other items contained on its web pages. We make no warranties, expressed or implied as to the fitness of the information for any purpose, or to results obtained by individuals using the information and is not responsible for any action taken in reliance on the information contained herein.