Designed to build participant confidence in performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills in a team environment for professionals with a duty to respond. Teaches the important steps to perform a rapid assessment, perform Basic Life Support (BLS) skills, and perform rapid defibrillation including use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). Airway Management and Oxygen Therapy can also be added as additional certifications to this course.
Note: If you work or plan to work for Alberta Health Services, you likely require Heart & Stroke: Basic Life Support (BLS) or Heart & Stroke: Basic Life Support (BLS) Blended 60, 90 or 120.
1-year certification in Basic Life Support (BLS).
$54.98 + GST
Click here to compare.
- Ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate all required skills, including critical steps.
- 100% attendance and participation.
- 75% min. passing grade on a written, closed book knowledge evaluation.
- Adherence to the Fundamental Principles.
- Glove removal
- Primary Assessment
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Airway Obstruction
- Assisted Ventilation
- Basic Life Support special considerations
The Canadian Red Cross issues digital certificates by email to all successful participants.
The only way to know the correct first aid & CPR course right for you is to contact the organization that is requiring the certification and ask them what course you need. If you require certification for your profession or school program you will usually have documentation providing the specific course title you require. If you are not sure which workplace course you need, as a general rule, you should do the 2 Day – Standard First Aid with CPR C and AED. You can’t go wrong with more training. Click here to register for our upcoming courses in Calgary.